Strong-Porter Museum – circa 1730, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and serves as the Historical Society’s Museum. Several rooms of the house, as well as several outbuildings, including a carpenter shop, blacksmith shop, carriage sheds, and barn are open to the public. Of special interest is the 19th century privy, recently returned to its original location and accurately restored. The Great Barn Foundation, located at the back of the property was uncovered in 2002. The barn originally stood two-stories high, with livestock housed on the upper, ground level floor that was accessed by ramps at either end of the barn, and equipment and other farming implements being housed on the lower level.
Located at 2382 South Street, just west of the Nathan Hale Homestead, Coventry, Connecticut 06238 – Open Sundays June through mid-October. Admission is free.